Here at our bed and breakfast in the Lake District we like to promote the exciting food and drink scene and local food heroes here in the Lake District. A great reason why you should come and visit us.
- A People Cafe in Kendal where local businesses donate food that is then cooked every Saturday by the community for the community
- A new craft gin company in Ulverston called Shed Gin distilled, yes in a garden shed! Interesting varieties such as Cuckold’s Revenge from citrus, cardamom and nutmeg or Fancy a Frolic with lime, ginger and strawberries
- The only wood smoked restaurant in the North West at the Low Wood overlooking Windermere with main courses cooked on 3m long wood-fired grills in an open kitchen
- A new sushi restaurant in Ambleside called Wabu Sabi and a sushi cookery school in Cockermouth
- Then our Lake District cheeses- Curthwaite or Blue Whinnow from Thornby Moor Diary, Mostard from Cumberland Mustard or Flakebridge or Eden Valley Brie from Appleby Creamery
- And our Artisan bakeries such as The Bowness Pudding Company and their various sticky toffee puddings or More?, the wonderful bakery in Staveley