Sumptuous Breakfast in the Lake District using the finest ingredients …
Breakfast in the Lake District is a culinary experience and offers a wide range of choices to suit all tastes
- Seasonal fresh fruit. compotes, yogurts
- Prunes soaked in syrup, vanilla pod and a cinnamon stick
- Stewed rhubarb or plums depending on the season
- Breakfast specials such as Eggs Benedict, Omelette Arnold Bennett, Kedgeree or kippers
- Duvet breakfast in bed
- Gluten free. vegetarian, lactose intolerant and vegan diets.
Vegetarians are also well looked after- they get our home made potato rosti’s which others don’t get, and those with special diets, such as gluten free sausages bread and cereal- we have gluten free bread or sausages and cereal or soya milk
Breakfast is a leisurely affair served in the dining room and freshly cooked to order. Normally we serve breakfast between 8-30 a.m and 9-30 a.m. but on a Sunday and occasionally during the week, we extend the serving times to between 9-00 and 10-00 so we all can have a lie in!
Finally what is the mysterious bell you hear at the start and at the end of breakfast? Who rings it? It’s not Mary or Philip and we do not employ staff so who or what is it?