We offer Cycling Friendly Accommodation in the Lake District
Here in the Lake District we have some of the best cycling available, from our renowned mountain biking routes to the easy road cycling that takes in some of the most stunning scenery If you are touring on your bike then we make an excellent overnight stay.
There are numerous places to hire road and mountain bikes such as the one adjacent to Windermere railway station who provide the bikes, routes and head gear.
Why not go for hiring an electric bike down in Bowness and travel is style and relax as you go up a hill!
For the mountain bikers Grizedale Forest is the place to be that can easily be got to via the car ferry that goes across Lake Windermere
Most hire companies provide routes. We have numerous cycling books that offer a varied number of routes in varied degrees of difficulty. Some you need a car to get to the start but others start from 1 Park Road. For example:-
- you could leave the car at 1 Park Road and take the cross lakes shuttle service to explore a variety of routes on the far side of Windermere- taking in other lakes gwacme_middle_full_map
- or go to Staveley- about 6 km from Winderemere- and potter around the many routes up hill and along lane maybe popping into Staveley Yard for a spot of lunch at one of the artisan bakeries Staveley and Windermere cycle route
- Or use one of the following cycling guides that vary in degrees of difficulty or ask us…..
1 Park Road offers….
We have made sure that our Luxury Boutique Bed and Breakfast is is an ideal location with ‘cyclist friendly’ facilities to keep your bikes safe and clean and comfort to re vitalise those legs after a hard days riding. Did we mention the ‘cracking breakfast’ to put fuel in the tank for the days riding that is in front of you.
- Secure Bike Storage
- Hose Down Facilities
- Place to dry out gear
- Provision to supply Packed Lunches (Please discuss with us your requirements)
- Early Dart Breakfast (Out and about before the majority are)
- Easy Reach Bike Shop
At the end of your days riding you will find that we are positioned perfectly for a ‘warm down stroll’ to local pubs and if not eating with us you will find plenty of restaurants nearby.