Cycling in the Lake District
Cycling in the Lake District has to be one of the best ways of seeing the scenery in a tranquil easy going sort of way. Fred Whitham in a few weeks- incredible challenge not for me- and you don’t have to own a bike as there are plenty of place to hire bikes to enjoy the outdoors on a bike!
At our bed and breakfast in The Lake District we have storage facilities, a hose to wash your bike down and plenty of books, maps and routes.
We have some of the best cycling available, from some renowned mountain biking routes to the easy road cycling.
There are numerous places to hire road and mountain bikes such as the one adjacent to Windermere railway station who provide the bikes, routes and head gear.
Why not go for hiring an electric bike down in Bowness and travel is style and relax as you go up a hill!
For the mountain bikers Grizedale Forest is the place to be that can easily be got to via the car ferry that goes across Lake Windermere
Most hire companies provide routes. We have numerous cycling books you can borrow that offers varied routes with different degrees of difficulty. Some routes you need a car to get to the start but others start from 1 Park Road and the bus services are very cycle friendly. For example:-
- you could leave the car at 1 Park Road our bed and breakfast in The Lake District you can take the cross lakes shuttle service to explore a variety of routes on the far side of Windermere- taking in other lakes gwacme_middle_full_map
- or go to Staveley- about 6 km from Winderemere- and potter around the many routes up hill and along lane maybe popping into Staveley Yard for a spot of lunch at one of the artisan bakeries Staveley and Windermere cycle route
- Or use one of the following cycling guides that vary in degrees of difficulty or ask us…..
1 Park Road offers….
We have made sure that our bed and breakfast in the Lake District is is an ideal location with ‘cyclist friendly’ facilities to keep your bikes safe and clean and comfort to re vitalise those legs after a hard days riding. Did we mention the ‘cracking breakfast’ to put fuel in the tank for the days riding that is in front of you?
We also have
- safe storage facilities if your bring your bike
- packed lunches
- facilities to hose your bike down
- repair kit
- routes for both mountain and road cyclists